What is reflexology?
Reflexology is an extremely safe, natural, relaxing complementary therapy.
It is a pressure massage usually on the feet but sometimes on the hands. Specific points on the body called reflex points are stimulated and it is believed that these correspond to different parts of the body. By working these reflex points reflexology aims to bring about a feeling of well-being and optimum health.
What are the benefits of reflexology
Some of the benefits of reflexology include:
- It improves circulation
- It is great for relaxation
- It is fantastic for pain relief
- It balances the mind, body and spirit
- It helps to stimulate the immune system and helps the body to heal itself
- It improves muscle tone
- It provides you with an opportunity to rest and slow down
Common conditions that reflexology may help
Reflexology does not claim to cure and should not be used as an alternative to seeking medical advice but it may help with some of these common conditions:
- Digestive disorders, IBS, constipation
- Stress and anxiety
- Fertility problems, sub-fertility, PMT
- Respiratory and breathing problems, asthma, sinusitis, hay fever
- Back pain, sciatica, muscular pain
- Skin disorders, eczema
These are just a few examples and there are many other conditions that reflexology may help with. It is also very effective for maintaining good health.